Duquesne Light Company (DLC) wants to place high voltage power lines through the Indiana Township Agricultural Zone in 2019.
They have not justified the need.
They have not considered the following issues:
- Health risks for families, children, and farm animals
- Impact on AgZone viewage from 140 ft steel monopoles
- Many protected wildlife habitats
- Autonomous flight research at the Nardo Airport
- Multiple landing routes at the Cedar Run Airport
- The one-of-a-kind Goat Rodeo Farm and Dairy which supplies chefs, restaurants, and groceries all over Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania
- Multiple equestrian facilities and farms
- Land conserved by the Allegheny Land Trust
- Community trails enjoyed by thousands from the region such as the Rachel Carson Trail
- And many more...
Status as of June 2017
DLC has not yet filed at the Pennsylvania Utilities Commission. They are preparing, and so are we. Now is our chance to petition DLC and the Project team to consider alternative routes.
If DLC determines a final route through the AG zone, we will challenge in every way at the PUC hearing and beyond.
Lets stop this now.
Stay tuned for more details.